Imago Venues win Best UK Conference Centre at M&IT Awards
20 Sep 2023
East Midlands' leading venue brand celebrates after taking home gold for its Burleigh Court Conference Centre & Hotel
It was a glittering night at The M&IT Awards 2023, with more than 850 event professionals in attendance at Battersea Evolution to celebrate the great and good of the industry, hosted by the inimitable Russell Kane. Organised by Meetings and Incentive Travel Magazine, part of the Northstar Meetings Group, the awards are the event industry’s biggest and most prestigious recognition programme. Its winners represent the best of our industry, chosen by the industry – it’s the voice of the industry.
Imago Venues' flagship Burleigh Court property was nominated for Best UK Conference Centre amongst some very stiff competition. Other finalists in the category included: ACC Liverpool; Celtic Manor Resort; ICC Wales; Scottish Event Campus (SEC); and Warwick Conferences. The winners announced on the night were:
- Gold: Imago Venues - Burleigh Court
- Silver: ICC Wales
- Bronze: Scottish Event Campus
Commercial Director for Imago Venues, Emma Chamberlain, commented:
"We were extremely happy just to be named as finalists at such a prestigious occasion for our industry, and amongst some superb venues. So we're absolutely thrilled to have taken home the Gold award! It really is an important award for us. As it's voted for by our customers - who put their trust in us to deliver their events - it means so much more than other awards. Our company vision is "to create a place where people love to be" and to have that ratified by our customers and guests is a huge testament to our entire team who work so hard to deliver fabulous meetings, dining, and sleep. Congratulations to all the other finalists for a massive achievement, but especially to ICC Wales and SEC for sharing the podium!"
M&IT editor Paul Harvey said: "What a night! The M&IT Awards hold a special place in the meetings and events calendar because the winners represent the best of our industry. It was such a thrill to see so many eventprofs come together to celebrate the best our sector has to offer.
“It’s been another whirlwind year for eventprofs, and despite the many challenges, it’s clear that a strong appetite for in-person events remains - and it’s here that event professionals have again stepped up to the plate. Making events happen is what we do, and we do it damn well; that’s what we celebrate at the M&IT Awards.
The Awards took place on Friday 15th September at Battersea Evolution. For more information and a full list of winners, click here.
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues are a wholly owned subsidiary of Loughborough University and Gift Aid their profits back to the University, contributing over £1m per year towards research and academic excellence on campus.
- Imago Venues is part of The 5% Club which is a movement of more than 800 employers providing 'earn and learn' opportunities to develop the skills and talents people need to become more employable and create meaningful careers.