Loughborough’s Kay England to take on role as chair of Meetings Industry Association
22 Mar 2018
Kay England, chief executive of Imago Venues and director of campus services at Loughborough University, has been elected as chair of the Meetings Industry Association’s (mia) council.
The mia is one of the fastest growing associations in the conference, meetings and events sector and was founded by a proactive group of hotel and conference centre operators and booking agents to lead the conference, meetings and events industry. With 700 accredited members, it provides accreditation, industry awards, research and a voice to government.
In her new role Kay will lead the mia’s council as it determines the association’s agenda and activity.
Jane Longhurst, chief executive of the mia said:
We are delighted to welcome Kay as chair of the mia. During 2018, and indeed into 2019, we will be focussed on three core areas of activity to support members, these are operational excellence, innovation and business performance; Kay’s input and strategic advice across this activity will be invaluable.
Commenting on her appointment Kay said: “I am looking forward to the challenge my time as chair will bring. It is an opportunity to work with industry colleagues and experts at the cutting-edge of what we offer as a venue. Imago Venues is going from strength-to-strength, I firmly believe that this appointment to such a high-profile association is great for the credibility of the Imago Venues’ brand, Loughborough University and the town as a whole.”
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues are a wholly owned subsidiary of Loughborough University and Gift Aid their profits back to the University, contributing over £1m per year towards research and academic excellence on campus.
- Imago Venues is part of The 5% Club which is a movement of more than 800 employers providing 'earn and learn' opportunities to develop the skills and talents people need to become more employable and create meaningful careers.