£7m Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel to be added to Imago Venues portfolio in 2018
31 Oct 2017
It will provide a unique sports hotel that promotes rest, relaxation, and the pursuit of excellence. Set in the heart of Loughborough University’s world-leading sports facilities, this inspiring high-performance environment offers aspirational space for athletes, businesses and fitness enthusiasts to be the best they can be.
With 20 specially designed altitude rooms, eight dedicated accessible bedrooms, a nutrition lounge, café and athletes’ relaxation area and seminar space for 30, the inspirational facility is a European first. Packages will include access to the UK’s leading coaches, sports scientists and support staff; it boasts the country’s largest concentration of high quality sports training facilities and is an aspirational backdrop for businesses and individuals wanting to improve their performance.
The Elite Athlete Centre is an outstanding addition to Loughborough's already excellent sporting heritage and combines with existing facilities to provide a truly world class venue for high performance athletes and teams.
John Steele, Loughborough University’s Executive Director of Sport
- The altitude rooms allow athletes to “live high whilst training low”. This prepares their bodies for competition by improving their oxygen carrying ability as well as maximum oxygen take-up.
- In additional to the eight designated wheelchair accessible rooms, all of the EAC’s 36 other bedrooms can be converted to accessible rooms.
- The Nutritional Lounge and café will provide hospitality services with health, wellbeing and training in mind.
- The flexible and scalable seminar space for up to 30 athletes can be expanded into the Nutritional Lounge, providing opportunities for larger events.
The EAC is not just an exciting addition to our portfolio, it is also an opportunity to further demonstrate our position as a global leader in the provision of inspiring and aspirational accommodation, conference and events spaces.
Loughborough University has the confidence in Imago Venues to operate the new facility; not just because of our historic commercial success but our ability to deliver exceptional customer service to each and every individual that walks through our doors.
Emma Boynton, Head of Sales and Marketing at Imago Venues
Imago Venues and Loughborough University are developing a host of packages available to athletes, teams, businesses and individuals that include use of the EAC, as well as the University’s other world leading sports and event facilities. These can be combined with leading coaches, sports scientists, nutritionists and experts in the physical and mental needs of competitive activity.
The EAC will open in November 2018.Register your interest now
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues are a wholly owned subsidiary of Loughborough University and Gift Aid their profits back to the University, contributing over £1m per year towards research and academic excellence on campus.
- Imago Venues is part of The 5% Club which is a movement of more than 800 employers providing 'earn and learn' opportunities to develop the skills and talents people need to become more employable and create meaningful careers.