Trio of awards for Imago Venues at the Academic Venue Awards
25 Nov 2019
Imago Venues at Loughborough University is celebrating after winning a trio of awards in the 2019 Academic Venue Awards.
The awards celebrate the impact that academic venues have on the current UK Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE) landscape.
Imago Venues won in the following categories:
- Best Conference Venue (Under 250 delegates) – Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel
- Best Training Venue – Holywell Park Conference Centre
- Best Residential Conference Venue – Imago Venues
Emma Boynton, Head of Sales and Marketing at Imago Venues, said: “We’re over the moon to have come away with three prizes in these prestigious awards. These awards are a great celebration of how talented and hard-working our Imago family is. It is also a great way to showcase the fantastic facilities we have to offer here in Loughborough.”
Martin Fullard,the editor of Conference News and who compèred the event, said: “I believe it’s far more impactful to recognise specific sub-sectors of our industry rather than shoehorn them into a broader awards campaign. I am assured by the judges that the calibre of entry this year was very high, certainly the comments noted specific achievements rather than just broad observations.
“One thing that was apparent was that investment reaps rewards. We know academic venues work in testing environments and face challenges which other venues do not, so to invest is a big deal as those above will want to see returns. Our winners here tonight represent what can be achieved.”
Imago Venues is Loughborough University’s conference and events arm. Its portfolio consists of Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues are a wholly owned subsidiary of Loughborough University and Gift Aid their profits back to the University, contributing over £1m per year towards research and academic excellence on campus.
- Imago Venues is part of The 5% Club which is a movement of more than 800 employers providing 'earn and learn' opportunities to develop the skills and talents people need to become more employable and create meaningful careers.