Imago Venues gains national recognition as finalist in Visit England's Awards for Excellence
28 Apr 2023
Finalist for the Visit England Awards for Excellence have been revealed and will go forward to the awards ceremony at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter on 7 June, where Gold, Silver and Bronze winners will be announced.
Visit England’s annual Awards for Excellence receive applications from across the country as they are one of the most coveted accolades in English tourism. They celebrate the country’s best tourism businesses by recognising quality, innovation and best practice to highlight the best of the best.
This year Leicestershire has three finalist businesses that include:
- Imago Venues in Loughborough for the Business Events Venue of the Year category
- Brook Meadow in Market Harborough for the Camping, Glamping and Holiday Park of the Year category
- E-Bike Holidays in the National Forest for the Ethical, Responsible and Sustainable Tourism category
The finalists were selected following the Leicestershire Tourism and Hospitality Awards held in November 2022, from which the winners are put forward for the national Visit England Awards for Excellence.
Finalists will receive gold, silver or bronze awards at this prestigious event as well as the chance to reward the teams behind each business.
Rob Chamberlain, Head of Marketing for Imago Venues said:
We are absolutely thrilled to be named as finalists in the national Visit England Awards for Excellence. Our industry was one of the hardest hit by the pandemic and we have worked incredibly hard to rebuild our business to pre-pandemic levels. This recognition is a testament to every team member across the business who has dedicated so much to our recovery. There haven't been too many moments to celebrate in the last couple of years, so this is a real boost for everyone involved in our company. Our vision is "to create a place where people love to be" - well, hopefully this nomination reflects our unrelenting mission to consistently deliver fabulous conference experiences to businesses up and down the country. Best of luck to Brook Meadow and E-Bike Holidays – let’s try and bring back the Gold medals to Leicestershire!
There are 48 finalists competing in 16 core categories at the national awards.
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues are a wholly owned subsidiary of Loughborough University and Gift Aid their profits back to the University, contributing over £1m per year towards research and academic excellence on campus.
- Imago Venues is part of The 5% Club which is a movement of more than 800 employers providing 'earn and learn' opportunities to develop the skills and talents people need to become more employable and create meaningful careers.