Campus Nursery to become part of Imago Venues
23 Jul 2020
Loughborough University has announced that ownership of the campus Nursery will transfer from the Students’ Union to Imago Venues on August 31.
For many years the Nursery has provided a much needed and valued service for students, staff and the wider Loughborough community, offering children in its care a place to grow and develop.
The transfer to Imago Venues – a wholly owned subsidiary company of the University – recognises the important part the Nursery plays in the realisation of the University’s ambitious People and Organisational Development Strategy, and will ensure the Nursery can continue to thrive.
Speaking about the transfer Adèle MacKinlay, the University’s Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development said: “We are grateful for the many people from the Students’ Union, past and present, who have contributed to the life of the Nursery in so many different ways. The Union will always be an important friend of the Nursery.
“Thank you to the fabulous Nursery management and staff, and importantly all of our families who have allowed us to care for their children over the years and make the Nursery the success that it is.”
Kay England, Chief Executive of Imago Venues said:
"Over the last 47 years the Nursery has grown into a community that nurtures, loves and develops its children and provides a much-needed and valued service for students, staff and the community. We feel it is fitting for the Nursery to become a part of the Imago family, where valuing our people is at the centre of everything we do. We are very much looking forward to welcoming Caroline Farley, Head of Nursery, and her staff to our organisation. We will build on the foundations the LSU have laid, continuing with what they do so well and aspiring to be the very best we can be.
From August 31 the nursery will be known as Loughborough University Nursery.
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues are a wholly owned subsidiary of Loughborough University and Gift Aid their profits back to the University, contributing over £1m per year towards research and academic excellence on campus.
- Imago Venues is part of The 5% Club which is a movement of more than 800 employers providing 'earn and learn' opportunities to develop the skills and talents people need to become more employable and create meaningful careers.