Team Imago get muddy to help fight cancer
13 Sep 2019
Team Imago get muddy to help fight cancer Staff from Imago Venues at Loughborough University braved the mud to raise money for Cancer Research.
A team of seven took part in Pretty Muddy - a 5K mud-splattered obstacle course - which was held at Holme Pierrepont in Nottingham.
The course saw them tackle a number of obstacles including cargo nets, tunnels, a mini rock climbing wall and a mud slide.
The team were inspired to take on the challenge because one of their colleagues Michelle Teale, was diagnosed with breast cancer in April. She is currently undergoing chemotherapy.
Sean Perkins, Senior Events Executive at Imago Venues, said: “The team came up with the idea to raise money for charity earlier this year and when we found out about Michelle’s diagnosis, raising money for Cancer Research was a no-brainer for us. So many of us have loved ones that have had to go through what Michelle is going through and we really wanted to show our support through this tough time”
Sean said the team prepared for the race by training individually, with some of them going on lunchtime walks around the University’s campus.
He said: “The race was a lot more fun than we had anticipated, it was great to see everyone coming together to get through the various muddy obstacles, encouraging one another to run just that bit further, and ensuring we all crossed that finish line at exactly the same time and together.
Michelle, a Reservations Coordinator at Imago Venues, said: “I was so proud of ‘The Magnificent Seven’ on Saturday. Without vital fundraising events like these new and ongoing research may not be as readily available. Together we can help find a cure."
To donate to the team visit https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/team/imago-venues
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues have been award the Investors In People Platinum award - only 2% of global companies in the IIP accreditation scheme have attained Platinum.