Imago Venues pick up the Bronze for Best UK Conference Centre at the Conference and Events Awards
5 Jul 2022
The Conference and Events Awards 2022 took place on the afternoon of 1st July at Old Billingsgate, London.
The Conference & Events Awards is produced by GCN Events. The Global Conference Network run events throughout the year bringing together professionals from the conferences, exhibitions, consumer and corporate events, agencies, venues and associations sectors.
The Conference & Events Awards is their longest-standing and flagship event. Attracting an audience of over 600 conference and venue professionals, it is the pinnacle of event industry recognition and an eagerly awaited early summer fixture in the calendar.
In a field of excellent venues, Imago Venues' flagship conference venue - Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel - took the Bronze Award for Best Conference Venue (upto 400 cap theatre style), reaffirming its position as one of the UK's leading venues for conferences, meetings and events.
Head of Marketing for Imago Venues, Rob Chamberlain commented:
We were thrilled to even be shortlisted for this award. The last two years have proven very challenging for our industry, so to come away with some silverware is amazing and a testament to the hard work, grit, and determination of our fabulous teams who have never compromised on our promise to provide excellent customer service.
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues are a wholly owned subsidiary of Loughborough University and Gift Aid their profits back to the University, contributing over £1m per year towards research and academic excellence on campus.
- Imago Venues is part of The 5% Club which is a movement of more than 800 employers providing 'earn and learn' opportunities to develop the skills and talents people need to become more employable and create meaningful careers.