Imago Venues wins Best Business Events Venue Of The Year
25 Nov 2022
Best places to eat, stay and play - Leicestershire Tourism Awards
The Leicestershire Tourism and Hospitality Awards 2022 took place on the 24th of November, with winners including hotels, restaurants and visitor attractions.
The ceremony was held at Leicester’s Athena, where local businesses in the hospitality and tourism sectors were recognised. Now in its 11th year, the awards, organised by Leicestershire Promotions, are the regional heat of the national VisitEngland Awards for Excellence.
Many of the winners will go forward as Leicestershire’s nominations for the national awards.
Imago Venues is the East Midlands' premier conferencing and hotel brand and were finalists for Best Large Hotel (Burleigh Court) and Best Business Events Venue, taking the Gold award for the latter.
Head of Marketing for Imago Venues said:
We were absolutely thrilled to be named as finalists in the Leicestershire Tourism Awards. Our industry was one of the hardest hit by the pandemic and we have worked incredibly hard to rebuild our business to pre-pandemic levels. To come away with some silverware for Best Business Events Venue is amazing and a testament to every team member across the business who has dedicated so much to our recovery. There haven't been too many moments to celebrate in the last couple of years, so this is a real boost for everyone involved in our company. Our company vision is "to create a place where people love to be" - well, hopefully this award reflects our unrelenting mission to consistently deliver fabulous conference experiences to businesses up and down the country. Congratulations to all the other finalists and winners and we now look forward to Visit England's national tourism awards finals!
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues are a wholly owned subsidiary of Loughborough University and Gift Aid their profits back to the University, contributing over £1m per year towards research and academic excellence on campus.
- Imago Venues is part of The 5% Club which is a movement of more than 800 employers providing 'earn and learn' opportunities to develop the skills and talents people need to become more employable and create meaningful careers.