Imago Venues winners in VisitEngland's Business Events Venue of the Year.
8 Jun 2023
Leicestershire's leading conference venue portfolio takes Silver in VisitEngland's Awards for Excellence.
VisitEngland has announced the winners of its annual Awards for Excellence at an evening ceremony on 7th June, hosted by Alex Polizzi at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter.
In categories ranging from ‘Small Visitor Attraction of the Year’ and ‘B&B and Guest House of the Year’ to ‘Business Events Venue of the Year’ and ‘Experience of the Year’, the Gold, Silver and Bronze winners were selected from hundreds of tourism businesses across England including hotels, self-catering accommodation, B&Bs, glamping operators, attractions, restaurants, pubs and museums.
Winning finalists in the category of Business Events Venue of the Year were: The National Memorial Arboretum (Gold), Imago Venues (Silver), and ICC Birmingham (Bronze). Imago Venues were selected as a finalist following their Gold Award for Best Business Events Venue in the Leicestershire Tourism and Hospitality Awards held in November 2022, from which the winners are put forward for the national Awards for Excellence.
Rob Chamberlain, Head of Marketing for Imago Venues said:
We're absolutely thrilled to bring some more silverware back to Leicestershire! To be recognised nationally for the quality of our conference venues - especially amongst such strong national competition - is just amazing. Our company vision is to "create a place where people love to be", so, hopefully, this award reflects that vision and our unrelenting mission to deliver fabulous conference experiences to businesses up and down the country. Huge congratulations to the National Memorial Arboretum on taking the Gold, and to ICC Birmingham for their Bronze award.
VisitEngland Director Andrew Stokes said:
"It's fantastic to come together as an industry to celebrate our world-class tourism businesses. Competition this year was fierce with customer service excellence evident across every category, thanks to the passion and dedication of individuals. I congratulate all the winners... an achievement cementing their place as the country's creme de la creme, standard-bearers for England's tourism industry."
For more information on the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence, see: www.visitenglandawards.org
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues are a wholly owned subsidiary of Loughborough University and Gift Aid their profits back to the University, contributing over £1m per year towards research and academic excellence on campus.
- Imago Venues is part of The 5% Club which is a movement of more than 800 employers providing 'earn and learn' opportunities to develop the skills and talents people need to become more employable and create meaningful careers.