Imago Venues win hat-trick at the Academic Venue Awards 2018
28 Nov 2018
Imago Venues are celebrating after winning three top prizes at the prestigious Academic Venue Awards, held on 27th November at the University of Birmingham.
The awards recognise the event, conferencing and hotel spaces that are part of the country’s learning, education and research environments. They celebrate the best of the best and provide an opportunity for the UK’s top academic venues to share best practice and network with event buyers from around the UK.
Emma Boynton, Head of Sales and Marketing for Imago Venues commented:
We are absolutely delighted to come away with these 3 awards. It’s a great celebration of the talented and passionate staff that deliver the service day in, day out and is testament to their continual hard work. It’s also a great showcase for the facilities that we, as an academic venue and member of Venues of Excellence, have to offer for our corporate clients. With world-leading facilities all under “one roof”, we really can offer something for everyone and these awards can only strengthen the message of the value that academic venues have to offer.
Of The Link Hotel, one of the judging panel, who were drawn from industry leaders around the UK, said: “Imago have identified their key market segment and embraced it with open hands. There is an innovative food and beverage offering to replicate their clientele and their ambitions for future growth. This property is great and the overall standard of the accommodation is fantastic.”
The Link Hotel is Loughborough’s premier 3-star hotel, offering 94 double en-suite rooms, six meeting and training spaces and banqueting space for up to 200 guests.
Holywell Park Conference Centre, located on the Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park, is a state-of-the-art venue offering 12 flexible training rooms and two spacious exhibition areas for up to 280 delegates.
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues have been award the Investors In People Platinum award - only 2% of global companies in the IIP accreditation scheme have attained Platinum.