Imago Venues scoops three awards at M&IT Awards
4 Mar 2019
Imago Venues at Loughborough University is celebrating after picking up three accolades – including two gold awards - in the M&IT Awards 2019.
Organised by Meetings & Incentive Travel magazine, the awards are the event industry’s biggest and most prestigious recognition programme.
Imago Venues’ flagship venue, Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, won the following awards:
- Best Academic Venue, gold award
- Best Food and Beverage Supplier, gold award
- Best UK Conference Centre, bronze award.
Emma Boynton, Head of Sales and Marketing at Imago Venues, said:
To be shortlisted for three awards and to win a prize in all of these categories is a big achievement. It is something we are really proud of. These awards are the most prestigious in our industry as they are voted for by our customers.This means that Burleigh Court has now been named Best UK Academic Venue in three different awards: National Venue Awards, Academic Venue Awards and the M&IT Awards. To be recognised in this way is testament to the hard work and professionalism carried out by every single member of staff at Imago Venues. Without them, we wouldn’t be where we are now.”
Out of the eight awards Imago Venues has entered this financial year, they have won: six golds, one silver and one bronze.
Maria Voller, Marketing Communications and Events Director of CAT Publications, said:
"The M&IT Awards recognise excellence in service or product and are voted for by the readers of Meetings & Incentive Travel (M&IT) magazine. “Votes are only accepted from UK-based event organisers and are independently audited by the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC). There is no shortlist to select from, these are votes placed individually by the voters, so to win at these awards is something truly to be proud of. Many congratulations to Imago Venues for their success at the M&IT Awards 2019."
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues are a wholly owned subsidiary of Loughborough University and Gift Aid their profits back to the University, contributing over £1m per year towards research and academic excellence on campus.
- Imago Venues is part of The 5% Club which is a movement of more than 800 employers providing 'earn and learn' opportunities to develop the skills and talents people need to become more employable and create meaningful careers.