New business tourism service for Leicestershire takes off
14 May 2021
A new initiative to support the recovery and growth of Leicestershire's business tourism market has been launched.
A public-private sector partnership of 40 venues based in and around Leicester and Leicestershire, has formed to target the conference and meetings sector.
Meet Leicester, led by experienced business tourism managers Samantha Hall and Pasquale Buonanno will be promoting the portfolio of diverse venues of Leicester and the surrounding area on behalf of the partnership of conference venues, aiming to increase business tourism into this centrally located and easily accessible destination.
Leicester is home to East Midlands Airport and is situated 30 miles from Birmingham International Airport. With a mainline station and being 66 minutes away from London St Pancras, alongside easy access from the M1, it is an ideal location for delegates anywhere in the country.
In Leicestershire, delegates can visit the National Space Centre, the UK's only venue dedicated to the exploration of space and which has the UK's largest planetarium.
Also renowned for its sporting stadia and venues, Leicestershire has a rich heritage of sporting excellence and is home to Loughborough University, awarded "World #1 For Sports" for 5 years running. Notable alumni of the university include Lord Sebastian Coe, Sir Clive Woodward and Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson. The campus is also home to the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel as well as bespoke year-round hotel and conference venues as part of the Imago Venues portfolio.
Notes for editors
- Imago Venues are Leicestershire's premier venue brand, combining year-round conference venues and hotels with Loughborough University’s campus facilities.
- They provide high-quality meeting spaces, venues and accommodation, along with world-leading sports and leisure facilities.
- Its portfolio includes Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, The Link Hotel, the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, and Loughborough University campus.
- Multi-award winning venues including M&IT Gold for Best Academic Venue, Best UK Conference Centre, Best F&B Supplier, and Best Training Venue at the Academic Venue Awards.
- Imago Venues have been award the Investors In People Platinum award - only 2% of global companies in the IIP accreditation scheme have attained Platinum.